Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Creating Fear

1. There is excitement is being scared. I think it's enjoyable and very tedious at the same time while watching a horror movie. For me, I can watch movies but generally afterwards I have serious mental problems with what I have watched. But for me, the physical things scare me the most i.e. anything with more than 4 legs, heights, and the ocean.
2. I'm mostly scared of anything with more than 4 legs, heights, and the ocean. The ocean because of all things in there that could kill you. I also dislike the dark and being alone in the dark except when it's 3 or 4 am and I'm watching tv in my basement.
3. To me, madness is being completely mentally unstable. I'm pretty unstable myself but there are people that are more mentally unstable than I am.
4. In the movie, The shining, the main character goes insane from stress. People need to regulate and relax their stress regularly before it builds up and they hurt someone else. For example, people who bottle up their anger (in my mind) and don't express their feelings/problems to others, will endanger others in the future.

3 comments:

Ross Neal said...

I generally can handle scary movies more than you, but I have limits as well. Occasionally, I have a hard time sleeping after watching a scary movie, but I don't ever get nightmares. I don't know why, but I think I'm immune to them for some reason.
I'm also scared of things with many legs-only centipedes though and some spiders. I think the ratio of the leg's length compared to the body's size adds to the creepiness of the animal as well.

Unknown said...

Ya i can not handle being scared. I absolutly hate it. I can watch a scary movie but i don't like watching them. I also don't mlike the ocean I always get paranoied when i go in the ocean but then i get over it after im in the water.

Tyler K's Blog said...

Ya, I feel the same way about scary movies. When I watch a scary movie, I feel excited but not actually scared because there are usually people around me. But after I watch a movie and I am by myself, my mind plays a lot of tricks on me. Silly mind, trix are for kids.